What are the camp hours and location?
Around the World – Le Tour du Monde summer camp is located on the SDFAS campus at 6550 Soledad Mountain Road La Jolla, CA 92037. The camp is from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and extended daycare is available from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (free of charge) and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. We offer half-day camp from 9-12 only for 3-5-year-olds and from either 9-12 or 1-4 p.m. for 6-14-year-olds.
How do I register?
- Registration and payment is available on line at www.sdfrenchschool.org. Make sure you fill out the SDFAS WAIVER and EMERGENCY HEALTH CARD FOR K-8 or MEDICAL PACKAGE FOR PRESCHOOL available to download from our summer camp section at the checkout page. A copy of the immunization records (up to date ) is also required for all children.
- Full payment is required at the time of registration to secure your space.
- When your registration is complete, you will receive an email confirmation.
What are the camp dates?
We are offering six weeks of camps beginning June 18th though July 27th. No camp on July 4th.
Is there a deadline for registration?
Yes, the deadline for registration is Friday, June 1st 2018. You may register after this date on a space available basis and a $25 late registration fee will apply per family.
Do you offer any discounts?
The price for a full time camp is $295 per week until April 30th. After April 30th the regular price of $315/week will apply for a 9-4 p.m. week. July 2nd–July 6th $240 (no discount available for the shorter week). No discount offer on half day specialty camps.
What is the cancelation policy?
There is a $50 per week cancelation fee for canceling a camp prior to June 1st. No refunds will be made on or after June 2nd except for medical excuse.
What to bring to Camp – Please label all of your child’s belongings.
For 6-14 Y year olds:
- Snacks and/or lunch, drinks and/or water.
- Sun protection and hat. Please apply sunscreen before coming to camp.
- Medication, if needed, with directions and authorization form from the doctor.
For 3-5 year olds:
- Blanket, sheets, pillow and pillowcase or a sleeping bag for nap time.
- A soft comfort toy if needed.
Where is the drop off?
- For children ages 3-5 years, the parking lot is located in the back of the preschool.
- For 6-14 years, parking is in front of the school.
- Go to the sign in registration table which is located on the main campus (on the first day of camp).
- After all registration is complete, take your child to the preschool area (3-5 years) or to the main playground (6 years – up) and instructors will direct you appropriately either to the classroom or to the playground area.
Do I sign my child in and out every day?
Yes, parents or guardians are required to sign in and out every day. For all campers, there will be a sign-in binder with your child’s name (alphabetical order) located on the sign-in table at the entrance of the preschool for 3-5-year-olds and at the entrance of the main gate (K-8th) for 6-14-years old children .
What is the daily schedule?
8:30-9:00 a.m.: Before Camp Childcare
8:45-9:00 a.m.: Campers Sign In
9:00-12:00 p.m.: Morning Camp
12:00-12:45 p.m.: Supervised Lunch and Recess
12:45-2:00 p.m.: nap/rest time for 3-5 year olds only
2:00-4:00 p.m.: Afternoon Camp for 3-5 year old
12:45-4:00 p.m.: Afternoon Camp for 6-14 year old
4:00-5:00 p.m.: After Camp Extended Care
What about lunch and snack?
Parents or guardians are required to bring snack for their 6-14 Y children; water is available at school. We offer a daily hot lunch service from a local La Jolla catering company, Girard Gourmet. The menu is available upon request, and the price is $25 per week or $20 for the shorter July 4th week.
What about field trips?
Field trips take place each Tuesday. Please inform us if you don’t want your child to go on field trips. No field trips for 3-5 year old children.
What about photography release?
We will take pictures of your children, if you disagree for us to take pictures of your child, you will have to let us know. Pictures will be sent to you or used in SDFAS publications (children will not be identified by names).
What time should I pick up my child for half day camp?
Half day campers must be picked up by 12 noon, otherwise after care charge will apply.
What is the policy for PK0 SDFAS children?
Children who are enrolled in the 2-year-olds class during the regular school year will be allowed to join the 3-year-olds in summer camp.
What is the potty training policy?
All children MUST be potty trained before attending the camp. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Could my child attend camp even without prior knowledge of the French language?
Yes, we encourage your children with no prior French to participate. For 3-5 year old camps are bilingual, French & English or Spanish & English. We offer a French Learner (no French knowledge required) camp which is a full immersion camp in French and children generally learn simple language skills quickly. We also offer a Bilingual Camp (French & English knowledge required). If we see that children don’t understand we will translate in English. All our instructors speak French and English. Some courses are also taught in Spanish or Chinese.